Christmas Day... where the tree should have been, but wasn't this year. Christmas really snuck up on us this year, but the important things still made it "Christmas"- spending time with family and celebrating Jesus's birth. Being pregnant at Christmas this year was very special. I keep being reminded that these moments will never be repeated the same way and I am so grateful for them. Feeling our baby kick and move while singing "Silent Night" in a candlelit church on Christmas Eve made me so emotional I could barely sing the words. And being with family knowing next year there will be one more, is an overwhelming and awesome thought. Next year at Christmas our baby girl will be nearly 9 months old. I know there will be no "present" like her.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Christmas
Christmas Day... where the tree should have been, but wasn't this year. Christmas really snuck up on us this year, but the important things still made it "Christmas"- spending time with family and celebrating Jesus's birth. Being pregnant at Christmas this year was very special. I keep being reminded that these moments will never be repeated the same way and I am so grateful for them. Feeling our baby kick and move while singing "Silent Night" in a candlelit church on Christmas Eve made me so emotional I could barely sing the words. And being with family knowing next year there will be one more, is an overwhelming and awesome thought. Next year at Christmas our baby girl will be nearly 9 months old. I know there will be no "present" like her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
what a precious way to look at Christmas:)
Post a Comment