Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Morning

Finley has recently learned to pull herself to stand and Christmas morning she woke up and stood up and starting talking/babbling. I heard her on the monitor and grabbed the camera. Her eyes are squinty because it was still mostly dark in her room... But her face said it all...


JOY TO THE WORLD!
It was everything I could dream up and more, walking in to her with her Santa pajama's on and her giggly good morning grin... like she knew the day was special.
My heart was so full and my eyes welled up... I have nearly 50 of these pictures trying to capture a moment on film where my heart was so happy, so grateful, so full.
God is good.

In the picture above she sat down in her crib and we were talking through the slats while I snapped more photos. I was wiggling my fingers at her through the slats when she copied me.



I turned on the air conditioning so she could wear her fleece "Christmas PJs" in Florida weather (high in the 80's). And although it might not have felt like "Christmas" outside, it absolutely did inside. I shed many grateful tears that morning.

1 comment:

The Craun Family said...

We have a very similar picture of Lucas in those same PJs. However, we did not need to turn on the AC here in MD...