Ok so we've had some baby signs down for several months ("milk", "dog") but I don't know how many times she said her first word(s) before I accepted it as true but it is... and it took this long because I was having a hard time accepting I even say this, not to mention HOW OFTEN I have found myself saying it.
Her first words were "Uh ohhhhhh"....and in this really exaggerated tone.
So her favorite game is to drop things over the side of the tub, high chair, couch and say "Uh ohhhh" and then wave (mom doesn't like to fetch so I realized how much I say "uh oh" right before I say "bye bye toy".
It's super cute. She copied my inflection, and a game I was trying to squelch has become her new favorite... and since I'm all about language learning, we indulge some of the dropping and uh ohhhhhh--ing.

Her first words were "Uh ohhhhhh"....and in this really exaggerated tone.
So her favorite game is to drop things over the side of the tub, high chair, couch and say "Uh ohhhh" and then wave (mom doesn't like to fetch so I realized how much I say "uh oh" right before I say "bye bye toy".
It's super cute. She copied my inflection, and a game I was trying to squelch has become her new favorite... and since I'm all about language learning, we indulge some of the dropping and uh ohhhhhh--ing.
Since the "uh ohhh" we've also heard "dada" (she said this first to the phone because daddy was out of town for work and recorded his voice on her play cell phone saying "Hi Finley, it's Daddy..." I got it on video for Daddy and its a keeper for sure. She also attempts "Dog" to go with the baby signing which comes out more like "Duhga" and the panting with it is the best. She's also recently trying to sign "night night" and "all done" and says "Na Na Na" for her Elmo doll in the same inflection that he says "La La La". Precious stuff. Did I mention how much I LOVE being her mom?!?




2 comments:
Aww. you make me want to cry. You are a good mom and I am jealous you get to see your child every night!
Ahhhhh or maybe I should say Uh ohhhhh... I sure miss those days! Everyday is such a gift and if you blink you miss something. Enjoy it all and I sure do love that you take the time to share with us your journey. I love the pic you sent with Mimi... That smile melts my heart.
Post a Comment