Saturday, March 13, 2010

Christmas Day 09


Some photos of Finney on Christmas with her gifts (and her Nana reading her "Merry Christmas Stinky Face"! She loves it!!).  We got to celebrate with our family and it was an awesome day.  I had a hard time sleeping Christmas Eve for the excitement of it all, but still had a great day.  Everytime Finley saw our tree she said "That for Jesus birfday!"

Well, as you know, Finley wanted nothing to do with meeting Santa Claus this year. So on Christmas Eve, while at the local CVS picking up some things (and watching a crazy number of people obviously trying to do their Christmas shopping), Finley spotted a rocking horse  on a top shelf. Because we were not there Christmas shopping and rather relaxed, Chris got down the horse and we let her ride it in the CVS for a few minutes.  We continued on our with our shopping and after checking out, Finley walked up to a small plastic Santa Claus who was a little bit shorter than her and said "Santa, I want horsey under tree" and we walked out.  I told her I didn't know if this small plastic Santa could talk to the real Santa, but hopefully he'd get the message in time.
Wouldn't you know on Christmas morning, Santa had left a rocking horse and a tricycle under the tree for our sweet girl!! That plastic Santa was connected after all.  We had a great time with family on Christmas celebrating Jesus's birthday.  So blessed.

No comments: